menu

6.29.2015

Woodland / Lodge Baby Shower


My daughter had her baby shower at our church yesterday and I thought I would share it with you.


The nursery will be lodge/woodland/outdoor themed so we decided to keep the shower with the nursery theme so she could incorporate the decorations from the shower into the nursery.




I could not find any red buffalo plaid so I ended up using a green plaid piece of fabric on the table and then laid a burlap runner down the center.  I used slabs of wood the go along with the rustic/woodland feel and some fresh & artificial greenery.


The blue punch with the cork bobbers is made from blue Hawaiian punch and pineapple juice.   You can get the recipe for the Strawberry Parfaits HERE.



A very talented lady from our church make these amazing cakes.  





The tables were set with a lantern, moss, pinecones, and woodland critters.  Most of these decorations were purchased at Hobby Lobby.






I wrapped candles and tied thank you notes to each gift.  The packages were displayed in this open wicker case and I hung this chalkboard sign from the handle.  You can pick these chalkboard signs up at walmart for around $2.

I also purchased these tiny Terra Cotta flower pots from Dollar Tree.  You can check out how I put them together HERE.



I loved the idea of having the guest address the thank you envelops for the mom-to-be.  It saves so much time trying to locate address for all of you guest.  I purchased the chalkboard at Hobby Lobby along with the mushrooms.  I also filled a little square dish with acorns and added ink pens for the guest to use.

I hope you find some of these tips helpful or you come away with ideas for your own woodland party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace