menu

6.29.2015

Woodland / Lodge Baby Shower


My daughter had her baby shower at our church yesterday and I thought I would share it with you.


The nursery will be lodge/woodland/outdoor themed so we decided to keep the shower with the nursery theme so she could incorporate the decorations from the shower into the nursery.




I could not find any red buffalo plaid so I ended up using a green plaid piece of fabric on the table and then laid a burlap runner down the center.  I used slabs of wood the go along with the rustic/woodland feel and some fresh & artificial greenery.


The blue punch with the cork bobbers is made from blue Hawaiian punch and pineapple juice.   You can get the recipe for the Strawberry Parfaits HERE.



A very talented lady from our church make these amazing cakes.  





The tables were set with a lantern, moss, pinecones, and woodland critters.  Most of these decorations were purchased at Hobby Lobby.






I wrapped candles and tied thank you notes to each gift.  The packages were displayed in this open wicker case and I hung this chalkboard sign from the handle.  You can pick these chalkboard signs up at walmart for around $2.

I also purchased these tiny Terra Cotta flower pots from Dollar Tree.  You can check out how I put them together HERE.



I loved the idea of having the guest address the thank you envelops for the mom-to-be.  It saves so much time trying to locate address for all of you guest.  I purchased the chalkboard at Hobby Lobby along with the mushrooms.  I also filled a little square dish with acorns and added ink pens for the guest to use.

I hope you find some of these tips helpful or you come away with ideas for your own woodland party.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10