menu

6.29.2015

CHOCOLATE ~ STRAWBERRY PARFAITS


I made these parfaits for my daughters baby shower (You can check out the entire post on the baby shower  HERE) and everyone loved them so I thought I would share the recipe here.  


Actually, it's not really a recipe. You just take brownies, pound cake, cookies, etc (I used chocolate filled Little Debbie cakes) cut into chunks and place in the bottom of the glass.  

I made the mousse/pudding using this Strawberry Cheesecake Pudding recipe,  Top with whipped cream, strawberry, and chocolate if desired.  

The make the parfaits look a little more sphifiscated, I dipped the rim of the glass in chocolate and sprinkles.  This was actually the hardest part so let me give you some tips.....

  • Make sure the melted chocolate is in a bowl wide enough for the entire glass to be evenly coated in the chocolate.  
  • The same goes for the sprinkles.  (I used a saucer)
  • Dip the glass in the chocolate until the entire rim is coated and then immediately dip it into the sprinkles.  You can even rotate the glass a few times - dipping each time- until the rim is coated.
  • As soon as possible, put the coated glasses into the refrigerator or freezer for a couple of minutes. Even if your house is cool, the chocolate may slide down the glass in places (can't stop gravity) so just take the extra couple of seconds to make sure it sets properly.


That's it...Have fun with your creations !  


No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10