menu

2.04.2015

Mascarpone Frosting


This is my new favorite frosting.  It’s light and fluffy and holds up great.
I was looking for a frosting that would be great paired with an angel food cake.  Something that wasn’t overly sweet and had a light texture.  Something that was similar to whipped cream but I wanted it to be a frosting that would hold up when out at room temperature.  Maybe something with Mascarpone cheese.
I have seen recipes for years calling for mascarpone cheese and knew it wasn’t something I couldn’t get at my local Walmart (at least I have never found at my Walmart ) so I never tried it.  I was visiting my daughter in Hot Springs, AR and ran across some at Krogers and knew it was time to test out this cheese.  I threw it and some heavy whipping cream into my buggy and strolled to the deli to pick up an angel food cake.
This is the perfect frosting!  This would also be fantastic on pound cake, strawberry short cake, and any cupcake/cake where you don’t want a strong frosting.  I even left the cake that you see in the above picture out overnight to see how well it set and it looked as good the next day as it did when I made it.  Even though I  would recommend keeping any cream based frosting in the refrigerator,  when I carry  it to an event (like our church potluck), it holds up nicely.
You can get the entire recipe HERE

1 comment:

09 10