menu

6.21.2013

Key Lime, White Chocolate, Macadamia Nut Cookies

 photo blog6_edited-1_zps4ad86716.jpg
 My local grocery store had 3 lb bags of key limes on sale for $1 a bag and I bought three bags.  That means I have 9 lbs of key limes that need to be used.  I have made key lime pie ice cream before and it was wonderful so I plan to use some of the limes for ice cream.   Now, that takes care of about one pounds of limes so what to do with the other eight pounds?
I knew I wanted to make some type of cookie, something similar to the lemon coolers I get at the store.  I decided to take a basic cookie recipe and start adding ingredients.  My favorite cookie (before I made these key lime cookies ) has always been white chocolate and macadamia nut.  I decided to  take my favorite cookie recipe and throw in key lime – and boy was I right.  These cookies were perfect.  It has the perfect combination of lime, white chocolate, and nuts. 
You can get the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 09 10 Code line 7 9 is for loading jQuery library. Remove this line if you’ve already loaded it somewhere else in your blog. Hint: If your blog has an image slider, carousel or something with fading effect running, chances are it is powered by jQuery. If this widget doesn’t work, the first thing you want to do is comment out or remove this line. To use your own button, replace the URL in line 3 with the direct link URL to the image. Make sure to keep the quotes. To reposition the button, replace