menu

6.21.2013

Key Lime, White Chocolate, Macadamia Nut Cookies

 photo blog6_edited-1_zps4ad86716.jpg
 My local grocery store had 3 lb bags of key limes on sale for $1 a bag and I bought three bags.  That means I have 9 lbs of key limes that need to be used.  I have made key lime pie ice cream before and it was wonderful so I plan to use some of the limes for ice cream.   Now, that takes care of about one pounds of limes so what to do with the other eight pounds?
I knew I wanted to make some type of cookie, something similar to the lemon coolers I get at the store.  I decided to take a basic cookie recipe and start adding ingredients.  My favorite cookie (before I made these key lime cookies ) has always been white chocolate and macadamia nut.  I decided to  take my favorite cookie recipe and throw in key lime – and boy was I right.  These cookies were perfect.  It has the perfect combination of lime, white chocolate, and nuts. 
You can get the recipe here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

09 10